34. BUSINESS POLICY Official Policy
Government is not the enemy of business. Government explaining to business the need to work together to protect our interests.
34a ) On The Job Impress upon business and labour the positive results of working together.
Government will take the lead by working to implement the following principles within government itself, within its institutions, crown corporations and other entities run by government. Business can only be encouraged to follow that lead - these principles cannot be mandated or legislated or forced upon the private sector.
The government will not mandate or interfere with private business and mandate, or attempt to enforce, or control any kind of working environment on the job for private sector employers or employees.
1. Employers cannot force employees to break the law on the job.
2. Company rules and regulations on the job cannot negate the " Rights and Freedoms " of the House of Israel.
3. The government will take the lead here and not enforce these matters upon private sector employees.
34b ) Free Trade Free trade within our borders internally - no barriers or restrictions. Political interference by government in business won't be allowed. Political favoritism by government over one area of the country regarding business won't be allowed. Decisions made must be based on merit.
Free trade between N & S House of Israel as well, but a system of checks and balances in place to ensure fairness and penalties for those who violate the system of free trade. If there isn't proper enforcement of violators then the system of free trade between North and South House of Israel cannot continue. NAFTA abrogated.
34c ) Job Creation Patronage is a negative force, since it discourages people from working hard to get ahead. Patronage is rampant throughout Canada (2016).
Backwardness in government and in government policy can often be traced to patronage, since very often the best people are not hired. The government will take the lead by working hard to reduce patronage within government, but realistically one can't expect to eliminate it all. This is why the G.G. must make many of the appointments in the senior level of the bureaucracy, so at least patronage won't operate in the higher positions. Begin cleaning up patronage by starting at the top.
What has this to do with job creation ? Many jobs created (especially in government) are not needed and are just patronage trough appointments. Jobs simply created for the friends and relatives of management. This sort of practice and policy must stop within the House of Israel, since it leads to waste and inefficiencies.
34d ) Land based economy focused on and processing products of primary industry. This is a non-foundational policy and governments are under no obligation whatsoever to carry it out. Then why is this policy in place ? Because it provides a framework or skeleton for building our economy and educational system. Governments do not create jobs - the private sector creates jobs. The government must create the proper soil and climate so the private sector can create jobs. This policy will help facilitate this objective of creating a positive business environment.
Primary Agricultural Resources
Alfalfa - Production of raw, or processed alfalfa as animal food. Human food processed from alfalfa has a lot of potential.
Grain, cereal crops, oilseeds. Seed Industry - seed grain, oilseed, vegetable and flower seed, etc.
Cattle - Beef and Dairy Industry
Honey and Bees
Musk Oxen Primary resource in the North.
Pigeons and doves for sale and consumption.
Poultry - chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, etc
Reindeer and Buffalo - processing industry for these set up in the North.
Sheep and Goats
Apples (special apples bred so they can produce in more northerly climates)
There is tremendous potential for growing fruits and vegetables, even in the North.
Food Stuff Primary Resources
Non-food Stuff Primary Resources
34 e) Mega Projects
Here is a list of mega projects for the future:
** One must proceed with caution and the correct timing with these mega projects.
If not needed right away they need to be postponed until needed.
34f ) Economic Exploitation
Since most of our easily accessible minerals have been gutted, we will move towards a more land based economy, based on our renewable natural resources. There are still a lot of resources like gold and oil to be discovered, but these often lie in inaccessible areas, of are in the form of deposits like Tar Sands, which are costly to develop.
Many citizens are unaware of how quickly our non-renewable resources have been and are being plundered. They seem to think the oil and natural gas will continue to ooze out of the ground in a perpetual stream. And they seem to think the minerals will last forever, and new mines will always be opened when the old run dry. Since many of these resources are becoming scarcer North and South House of Israel won't permit (with only some exceptions) the export of non-renewable natural resources in their unprocessed state. This includes things like coal, natural gas, oil, and potash, after existing contracts expire.
Trade between N & S House of Israel will be free and open among each other only, but with the intent to add value to the resources within their own borders, and not just merely re-export the raw products. If that should happen then such re-exporting can be regulated by the exporting country be it North or South House of Israel.
There will be strict controls placed upon foreign ownership and foreign investment in order to protect the sovereignty of N & S House of Israel.
34g ) Raw Materials Raw material export discouraged or banned, except when exclusively between North and South House of Israel. Only a few non-essential raw materials would not be banned from export. Existing contracts honoured in most cases, but many not renewed at expiry. It costs more to transport raw materials than the finished product, especially if the raw materials are not found in the area. Therefore it would be more economical for industries that process our raw materials to be based here in our countries of N & S House of Israel.
34h Reforestation, Forestry and Lumbering Forestry and the jobs connected with it is one of our largest industries. Our policy is to move towards smaller, small scale selective logging. However, clear cutting will still happen, but more care needs to be taken in where clear cutting is allowed.
No export of raw unprocessed logs.
Looking into ways of developing and expanding the pre-fabricated housing industry in regards to exports for both North and South.
34i) Research and Development
34j ) Taking Care of Our Own First Give our own citizens the first crack at a job, instead of offering it to a foreigner. It is not in our national interests to treat the immigrant better than the citizens. Business and government often prefer to bring in skilled workers instead of training our own. Such practices are extremely backward and unproductive, and show a contempt for our own people. This is not the policy of the new nation the House of Israel. We will take care of our own first - not of foreigners and foreign interests first - as has been happening for generations.
34k ) The Economy
The House of Israel is a strong supporter of free enterprise and capitalism, but not of unfettered capitalism. Capitalism is a tremendous economic engine, but checks and balances must be placed on it in order to insure it doesn't degenerate into gross inequalities. Checks and balances need to be placed on the capitalist system so that power is diffused rather than concentrated.
34L) The North - Northern Development Policy and Business Policy for the North.
The North will not be considered a milk cow of the South.
The policy is to encourage the development of full time communities in the North with those who work there living there full time. Long term sustainable community development. Part of this has to do with improving means of food production in the North, and making food and living costs more affordable.
35a) Advertising Regulations Advertising has to be truthful and factual and not designed to mislead otherwise it will be illegal. Honest promotion is never a crime. Monitoring will be based on complaints and not excessive monitoring of business by government. Strictly based on complaints received.
35b) Those not Permitted to Strike Here is a list of those workers considered essential and not allowed to strike: Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Health Care Workers, Teachers, Police, Fire Department, Postal Workers, Border Guards, Government Inspectors, the Military.
Worker counsels can replace the unions, if workers decide democratically to do so. The union can continue to function as before, but the right to strike will be removed. Seniority would be followed in layoffs.
35c) Credit Usury is forbidden, except if the risk factors taken by the lending institution are so high that this can then justify usurious lending rates. Also in times of high inflation it may be necessary to raise interest rates by the Bank of Canada.
35d) Partnerships and Professions and Trades An apprenticeship system in place. More flexibility in how a person can obtain their license or degree. Incentives for business to provide on the job training, but such incentives can only be directed towards our own people - not foreign workers. Certificates and diplomas in the Professions and Trades recognized throughout North and South House of Israel and are portable.
35e) Workers Lunch Time A worker's lunch time considered their own private time, where workers are free from the authority of their boss - related to their duties on the job. This policy will not be forced on workers. Employers can still ask workers to work through their lunchtime, if they want, but it is up to the workers to decide to work or not.
This policy is put in place to help give workers a break, but in no means is it designed to hold up business and commerce. This policy is not designed to create a rift between labour and management, or to usurp the authority of management on the job.
35f) Cost of Heating of Government Buildings Cost of heating of municipal government buildings is the responsibility of the municipal government. Heating costs not subsidized by government. Cost of heating of federal buildings is the responsibility of the federal level of government. More efficient ways at heating government buildings explored. The most efficient means of heating used. Government buildings not in use in winter must have their heat turned down in winter.
36. Mergers, Takeovers, and Monopolies (public participation required to clarify this policy) Cooperatives encouraged. Parliament will pass necessary legislation in this area. H I P policy is to set limits on how big a company can grow to, but public participation is needed to clarify the policy.
We do not support the new one world capitalist order.
37. Freedom of Competition Monopolies broken up, except for some essential state run monopolies like the Post Office. Government policy and regulations in this area are a reflection of the following principles regarding competition.
1. Denying others the opportunity to compete fairly is not fair ball.
2. Competition directed towards excellence, doing the best job possible, providing superior service, or producing a superior product - so people compete with themselves not with others, but this cannot be mandated by governments.
3. Slashing prices to put others out of business is not fair ball. Doing business below cost strictly to put your competitor out of business illegal.
4. Regions should most often specialize in what they do best and are suited for, but governments will not mandate what industries are to be in a certain region.
5. Political favoritism in business only leads to inefficiencies.
6. Profits are the life blood of business. If competition is so fierce that no one is making a profit this doesn't make any sense, or dollars.
7. Domestic producers and businesses must be protected from unfair foreign competition. Domestic business and labour can't be expected to complete with foreign businesses who pay their workers starvation wages. Imports from such businesses subject to duty, or banned outright. If you keep buying products made by slaves, you are contributing to them continuing in their slavery. You are financing and supporting oppression and slavery.
8. The competitive work atmosphere is a negative force responsible for untold suffering on the job. Under the present system in 2016 such competition is considered good and encouraged. Its supposed to bring out the best in people, result in superior product and keep costs down. So the mentality exists that in order to succeed one needs to deprive someone of something, or deprive others of opportunities.
In Canada in 2016 (for too many) you love your neighbour at Church on Sunday, but go for his throat at work on Monday. In Canada in 2016 all kinds are crimes are committed in the name of business. This should not be, but people have free moral agency.
A co-operative atmosphere encouraged where workers and management strive towards goals, like doing the best job possible, excellence, producing a superior product and delivering quality service. But government cannot mandate or force this upon the private sector.
And if people still want to fight and devour each other on the job, gouge at each others eyes, choke each other, and go for the jugular at work that is their choice. Nobody is going to stop you from destroying yourselves on the job - not even God. You have free moral agency.
38.) Automobiles , Drivers and Insurance One automobile insurance system run by the government available to all house of Israel citizens, but private insurers are allowed into the business to compete with the government insurance plan. All drivers required to take a safe driving course regularly - once every 4 years.
Fuel Efficiency Government mandates the domestic auto manufacturing industry to use the most fuel efficient technology in existence, and requires industry to make available such technology to auto makers as long as this is feasible and practical and economical. Naturally industry should expect to be rewarded for coming up with new technology in this area and can't be expected to just give it away. No subsidies offered by governments permitted.
New government vehicles must have the latest and most fuel efficient technology installed. This policy only refers to newly manufactured vehicles made in North and South House of Israel.
All government vehicles must be manufactured in North or South House of Israel only.
39. Motorcycles and Bicycles and Private Planes
39a) Motorcycles and Bicycles Wearing of helmets compulsory for motorcyclists, but not for cyclists. Stricter laws in place to insure the safety of motorcyclists and cyclists. Personal and passenger liability insurance compulsory for motorcyclists. Helmets for children riding tricycles or bikes not compulsory. That is the parents job to decide not the government.
39b) Private Owners, who fly their planes required to take a safe flying course once every 4 years.
40. Health Care This section is placed within the economic area, since peoples health or the lack of it, directly influences the economy.
Ours is a preventative based Health Care System, but which won't ignore life saving drugs and treatments, as long as costs are not prohibitive, or completely out of sight. The sky cannot be the limit, as far as costs are concerned.
41. Medical Services
Health Care Premiums - The public won't be directly billed for Medicare premiums. This money will come from the taxes paid to the government by tax payers. However, the public must be informed on how much it is costing the government for Medicare each year, and how much it costs for each individual and family. If there is too much abuse of this system by the public, then the government can directly bill individuals and families in regards to premiums. People must be made aware that this service is not free - someone has to pay for it. The public will also be informed as to how much a particular appointment or procedure is costing the health care system.
Medical, but not dental coverage included in the health care system.
Specialized hospitals for certain age groups like children, old folks, veterans, or Indians eliminated over time. This is duplication of services and breeds discrimination and segregation. New facilities will no longer be segregated.
A System of User Fees
1. For persons who see the Doctor for minor ailments (Parliament will determine in legislation what constitutes a minor ailment).
2. Employers clearly billed for forcing their employees to have an absentee form from the Doctor for the minor ailments of the employee, which prevented them from going to work that day.
3. For women who get caesarean sections for no reason, except to avoid labour pains.
4. For those who request to see their file.
5. For getting inoculations for themselves, or their children, that are not medically prescribed or required.
6. For cosmetic surgery, unless it is of a serious nature and Doctor approved. Parliament through legislation determines what kind of cosmetic surgery is covered.
7. Unnecessary use of the Health Care System.
This describes specific abuses of the system that will result in users being directly billed.
1. Seeing the Doctor for a minor cold.
2. Going to the Hospital Emergency Department for a minor cold.
3. Repeat visits to the Doctor or Emergency Ward for minor ailments that have already been treated the previously day.
4. Seeing the Doctor for a hangover.
5. Going to the Emergency Ward for symptoms of minor drug use.
6. Calling 911 for emergency care for minor ailments that had previously, or just recently been treated.
7. Those going to the Doctor or Emergency Ward for minor ailments that can easily be treated at home.
Clinics or Emergency Wards must warn clients this will be billed extra, if the person insists on being treated - and they need to be made aware of the costs of the user fee prior to treatment. Clients must sign a form that they were made aware of the costs involved.
42. Government Administration of Community Health Services
Only essential services provided, which include the following:
43. Administration Of Medical Health Services To Reduce Costs
1. Medical profession encouraged to stress prevention.
2. Home care programs initiated (where feasible) to get away from long unnecessary stays in hospitals.
3. Integrate mental health patients into the community, rather than institutionalizing them - as long as they are not a danger to themselves or others.
4. Reduce funding for old age homes and long term care facilities.
5. Stress the importance of health and safety, and educate people in prevention of accidents.
6. Maternity leave retained and prenatal care greatly expanded.
7. Unions for professionals like Nurses, Doctors, and Health Care Workers permitted, but no strikes allowed and wages determined through negotiations. Employees in health and education permitted to have their own unions. However, these unions have no power to negotiate wages and benefits and no power to strike. They have authority to protect workers from being fired for no legitimate reason and to insure seniority is followed in layoffs.
43a Alternative Holistic Medicine
Many are already turning to this to treat their various ailments. We will look at ways and means of integrating the Natural Health Products Industry into the Public Health Care System. Many alternative supplements, methods and procedures are just as effective and less costly relative to a lot of standard health care methods, procedures and drugs.
Maintaining and encouraging a viable and healthy Natural Health Products Industry in our own country is one of the keys in greatly reducing health care costs in the future. The Canadian and United States governments have tried to destroy the Natural Health Products Industry, but the new nation the House of Israel will not do any such thing.
Long term care seniors, and those institutionalized, must not be forced to take drugs only, but must have access to Natural Health Product alternatives. Homeopathic Doctors will be given the power to fill prescriptions.
43b Hazardous and Harmful Health Related Products and Procedures Banned
43c ORGAN DONATIONS AND TRANSPLANTS
1. Some hope to influence Governments to pass legislation giving them access to the deceased. Organs could then be ' harvested ' without getting anyone's consent. If this trend continues we shall see in the future sick people purchasing human organs for transplants (it is already happening in some parts of the world - and in fact poor people in some impoverished lands have been selling their organs, like kidneys, which are then cut out of them !) The authorities in Communist China have been harvesting the organs of prisoners convicted of capital offences. A good number of such persons are political dissidents, like those belonging to the Falun Gong.
2. Sometimes surgeons know a patient will die in spite of an operation, but it is still done for experimental purposes. Human beings must not be used as guinea pigs. Those who do this can be charged
3. Physicians have raised themselves up to such a height, and are actually wanting to take the place of God. How ? By wanting to take it on to themselves the right to determine whether a person lives of dies. The House of Israel legally requires Physicians to prolong life and preserve life - not destroy or shorten life, but cost restraints exist, and Physicians are required to live within the bounds of these cost restraints. The sky cannot be the limit as far as Health Care costs are concerned.
SOLUTIONS Discourage the extremely major expensive organ transplant operations like that of heart and lung. More routine less costly transplants like that of kidney retained and encouraged. The sky cannot be the limit on how much money is spent within the health care system. The reason is because there is only so much money to spend. There are financial limitations and constraints that are real. People and especially Physicians have to realize this, because if spending is not kept under control, it will break the system, and bankrupt the government. Social Workers need to also understand these spending restraints.
Spending on health care by the Provincial Governments in Canada is already eating up from 40 % to 50 % of provincial budgets and costs keep going up. This is unsustainable ! Costs are completely out of control and must be gotten under control.
If the government cannot keep the costs of the Health Care System in check and manageable then the Governor General or President will intervene and get costs under control, but the governments of the House of Israel will be given time to create a sustainable Health Care System first.
The Goal in Health Care Spending - and the way to achieve that goal. The goal is to provide the most effective health care system in the world in the most efficient cost effective way possible.
Improved health of our citizens is part of that goal, as well as increased longevity in good health.
Decreased dependence upon drugs and pharmaceuticals is also part of that goal.
1. Expensive and costly technical equipment must be used to their maximum.
2. Hospitals must be used to their maximum before building new ones.
3. Health Care costs must be brought down to sustainable levels - and the sustainable target is 20% of the Provincial government or State budgets, following the present 2016 Provincial or State model. This target can still be changed.
4. No one who is in legitimate need of medicare is encouraged to stay away from the Doctor.
5. Generic drugs used whenever possible.
6. Feasible holistic alternatives to expensive drugs encouraged.
7. Nurses empowered to assist or take over many of the more routine duties of Doctors, so as to reduce the dependence in the Health Care System upon Doctors.
43d Drugs, Medicines, Pharmaceuticals + Natural Health Products
The government will not play favorites, but will open the door of innovation, competition and free enterprise in this area. Then let consumers decide what is best for them.
43e Accident Prevention Strategy - designed to reduce costs and accidents.
At Home - Smoke detectors mandatory in all homes. All homes required to purchase a smoke detector, but no mandatory inspection of homes. Smoke detectors compulsory in newly constructed homes.
At Work - Workman's Compensation Board will be required to work at arms length from employers. Sick or injured employees will be free from the company Doctor.
In the Public Realm - The emphasis in policy will be upon safety, particularly in the matter of operation of vehicles and motor vehicle regulations, and the safe operation of machinery, especially on farms.
44. Education on Health Care
Education on health care must not be designed to shame anyone into anything. It must simply present the facts on health care in an unbiased manner. And it must not try to force anyone into anything, or be preachy. Ridiculing people, like smokers, or the obese will not be permitted within the educational program on health care. Just give people the facts and let them make up their own minds.
Health Care Credits The House of Israel has no plans on implementing any scheme where individuals will be penalized, or credited for living unhealthy, or healthy lifestyles.
45.Health and Education
Who is responsible for our health care ? Some people assume government is responsible for our health, which it is not. We as responsible adults are responsible for our health care. The government is only there to help us, not take care of us. We have to take care ourselves.
The new nations N & S House of Israel once established, will no longer be socialist societies.
46. Reducing Costs of Government
Besides the various measures already explained in the Constitution for reducing costs, the House of Israel will take the following steps to reduce the cost of government.
1. Royal Commissions are too often a waste of money. A few Royal Commissions may still be needed, but for the most part it is time for action, not anymore studies.
2. After the 5 year phasing in period we hope to have only two levels of government the Federal and Municipal. We hope to have only have two levels of bureaucracy. The savings would be be in the billions every year. However, this is a non-foundational policy and may not be realized.
3. Around 1% of the population is afflicted by schizophrenia. It is a disorder resulting in great social and economic costs. The overwhelming majority of schizophrenics can lead successful productive lives within society. Cost of hospitalization of such people is enormous.
47. Social Programs
1. Regarding poverty, unemployment and welfare recipients.
2. The mentally handicapped, if the handicap is not too severe, need to be integrated into society. The mentally ill shall be regarded as those who have a mental disease, which can be treated, and they in most cases can be re-integrated into society. There are those with chronic severe mental diseases who cannot be integrated into society, but most who are mentally ill can.
However, the House of Israel has no intention of unleashing people like chronic schizophrenics, upon the public - who are clearly a risk to themselves and others. Such persons need to be institutionalized or kept within a controlled setting.
3. Single parents and single mothers will have help with daycare, if they need it. Also if or when they might want to continue working or go back to school. No national daycare program. More affordable day care options will be provided, if the private sector cannot provide them.
4. Welfare System More effort made to get people off it, than what is made now in July 2016. However, this must be through voluntary participation by recipients. Heavy handed methods by authorities in this area must be avoided.
5. More effort made to allow older people the option to keep working and out of the old age home, if they so desire. The elderly must not be coerced or forced into institutions, if they can manage successfully on their own. Just because someone is poor and older, must not be an excuse for institutionalizing them. Abuse of the elderly and infirm in institutions will not be tolerated. Privately owned and run old age homes need to be regulated by government.
6. Child protection shouldn't be so intrusive, and must intervene only when necessary. The state is not the nanny - parents are responsible for their children. Child Services abuse of native children will not be tolerated.
7. Workman's Compensation Board Government regulates health and safety by passing health and safety laws and regulations. Top bureaucrats hired by G.G., subject to be fired by Parliament for incompetence or corruption, and permitted to serve only a maximum of two 6 year periods in their lives.
8. Employment Insurance - the name will be changed back to Unemployment Insurance in Canada.
Those who quit or get fired from their jobs will still be eligible for unemployment insurance. This policy is in place to protect workers from being abused on the job.
The government will not get involved in make work projects in high unemployment areas, that are just designed to give workers enough stamps, so they can qualify for unemployment insurance.
9. Long Term Care Facilities
Natural health products are an alternative source of treatment for patients in long term care facilities. The most cost effective, safe and efficient treatment methods used. Pharmaceuticals aren't the only option. If natural health products are less costly and more effective use them. Whatever treatment, drug, or natural health product that works the best, and is most cost effective used.
10. Foster Care
The abuse of children under Foster Care will be halted and eliminated. It will be much harder for Social Workers and Police to seize children from their parents, and put them under Foster Care. Charges can be laid against Social Workers and Police for seizing children for no legitimate reason, or for trumped up reasons. The arbitrary power of Social Services and Child Services broken and eliminated.
11. Food Banks and Food Stamps
The aim is to greatly reduce people's need for Food Banks and Food Stamps by greatly improving the economy, so people (who can work) have jobs for themselves.
12. Subsidized Housing
The aim is to provide more affordable housing options for people and the poor, and so to greatly reduce people's dependence upon subsidized housing. There will still be a need for some subsidized housing, since the poor we shall always have with us.
13. Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped
Programs for the severely handicapped will remain in place, since they are essential and needed. The severely handicapped must be provided with an assured income and support system. Luxuries will not be provided, but essentials will. Family support for the severely handicapped will be supported more - than the system of just institutionalizing such persons.
14. Prenatal Care
Prenatal care greatly expanded, since the health or lack of health of children begins in the womb. All pregnant women will be offered extensive prenatal care, and can take advantage of this, if they want. Aim is to provide nutritional support for mothers during their pregnancy.
Prenatal care not forced on anyone. All recommended treatments are optional - not mandatory. Prenatal care only involves the nutritional support of mother and child, and does not include ultrasounds of the fetus.